Revitalizing Minnesota’s Main Street
Block-by-block, the Nicollet Project is transforming the signature street of Downtown Minneapolis.
Enhanced greening combined with vibrant, pedestrian-friendly features will provide a richer experience for Downtown Minneapolis’ millions of workers, residents and visitors.
- Primarily working on the blocks from Grant St. to 5th St.
- Work will continue on:
- installation of storm sewers and removals into the winter months
- additional underground work on foundations
- Work on installing new street surfacing and sidewalks is complete for the season
- Private utility work continues North of 5th Street
North Loop is becoming a urban hub of new thinking and mentality, and the spine that connects it all is most definitely Nicollet Mall.”
—Jacob Frey, City Council Member
Want a piece of ’90s Minneapolis? Nicollet Mall granite for sale
Star Tribune | July 26, 2016Minnesota’s signature pedestrian mall is getting ripped up, so why not rebuild part of it in your backyard?Full details
Nicollet Mall ready for disruptive, $50M makeover
MPR | June 15, 2016A year after it closed, the Nicollet Mall is finally ready for a $50 million makeover.Full details