The reinvention of Minnesota’s Main Street
Already home to the densest concentration of jobs and market values in the state, Nicollet Mall is evolving into an even more attractive, must-see destination. Enhanced greening combined with vibrant, pedestrian-friendly features will provide a richer experience for Downtown Minneapolis’ millions of workers, residents and visitors.
Meyer Contracting is hard at work deconstructing and rebuilding streets and sidewalks, with the finishing touches slated for 2018. The $50 million public-private project is led by the City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Downtown Council and is a key part of both the Downtown Council’s Intersections: The Downtown 2025 Plan and The Minneapolis Big Build. Together, these initiatives will help shape a city that remains competitive on a national and global scale.
Block by block, Downtown Minneapolis is transforming. And it’s all joined together by the city’s reimagined signature street.
Nicollet Mall by the numbers:
- 130,000 employees use Nicollet Mall each day
- More than 34 million square feet of office space
- 3 Fortune 500 companies are headquartered on the mall (U.S. Bank, Xcel Energy and Target)
- 22,000 construction jobs anticipated over the next decade
- 35,000 current downtown Minneapolis residents
- By 2025, the goal is to have 70,000 Downtown Minneapolis residents
Take a look at our Gallery to see the latest renderings and make sure to check back for updates on the project.