Revitalizing Minnesota’s Main Street
Block-by-block, the Nicollet Project is transforming the signature street of Downtown Minneapolis.
Enhanced greening combined with vibrant, pedestrian-friendly features will provide a richer experience for Downtown Minneapolis’ millions of workers, residents and visitors.
- Primarily working on the blocks from Grant St. to 9th St.
- Work will continue on:
- installation of storm sewers;
- additional underground work on the electrical foundations and conduits;
- irrigation systems;
- installing planting soils where required.
- Work on installing new street surfacing and sidewalks is in progress.
- Replacement of the sanitary sewer system along the Nicollet Mall will continue in the area North of 6th Street.
- Private utility work continues North of 9th Street.
Nicollet Mall is always going to be the core and heartbeat of downtown, so this project will help reinforce that.”
—Mayor Betsy Hodges
Want a piece of ’90s Minneapolis? Nicollet Mall granite for sale
Star Tribune | July 26, 2016
Minnesota’s signature pedestrian mall is getting ripped up, so why not rebuild part of it in your backyard?
Nicollet Mall ready for disruptive, $50M makeover
MPR | June 15, 2016
A year after it closed, the Nicollet Mall is finally ready for a $50 million makeover.