Revitalizing Minnesota’s Main Street
Block-by-block, the Nicollet Project is transforming the signature street of Downtown Minneapolis.
Enhanced greening combined with vibrant, pedestrian-friendly features will provide a richer experience for Downtown Minneapolis’ millions of workers, residents and visitors.
- Primarily working on the blocks from Grant St. to 5th St.
- Work will continue on:
- installation of storm sewers and removals into the winter months
- additional underground work on foundations
- Work on installing new street surfacing and sidewalks is complete for the season
- Private utility work continues North of 5th Street
Nicollet Mall is always going to be the core and heartbeat of downtown, so this project will help reinforce that.”
—Downtown Council President Steve Cramer
Sculpture Clock being restored to whirl again on Nicollet Mall
Star Tribune | December 8, 2016
Artwork from 1968 to be restored to its rightful place on Nicollet Mall. Full details
Want a piece of ’90s Minneapolis? Nicollet Mall granite for sale
Star Tribune | July 26, 2016
Minnesota’s signature pedestrian mall is getting ripped up, so why not rebuild part of it in your backyard? Full details